Friday 19 March 2010

Update

The teaching business is now fully started with a few regular people having lessons and I'm really enjoying it. I've heard a lot of people say that just because you are a good player doesn't mean you will be a good teacher. I can totally see why this is true now you need a completely different mind set to teach but it's great to pass on the bit of knowledge I have and it has made me see a lot of areas in my own playing I need to improve on already!
I've got my own drums set up where I can practise now which is amazing and great to be back on my own equipment. Getting a good couple of hours in here and there.
Got the gig with Shawn Harvey tomorrow night so I'm going to work on my rearrangement for a few hours, write out some lessons and then go and scale my kit down and have a run through the set so I'm at least prepared enough to handle whatever Shawn throws at me and make sure I have as much fun as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment